Transfer Talk: Neymar angling for Barcelona return as he eyes PSG exit
The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Neymar angling for Barca return
Madrid-based outlet Marca says Neymar's representatives have contacted Barcelona to ascertain the likelihood of him returning to the Camp Nou.
The Brazil superstar jilted Barca to sign for Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record €222 million transfer last summer, but his entourage have apparently been in contact to see whether they would be willing to bite on the off-chance he should leave the Parc des Princes.
The report mentions that, while there is only a "very remote possibility" that Neymar will head back to the Camp Nou, he's keen to find out what Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu's stance would be.
Given that Bartomeu and his associates brought legal action against Neymar in the aftermath of his tumultuous departure, we're guessing it won't be overly favourable.
23.02 BST: That's going to do it for Saturday's live edition of Transfer Talk. Be sure to check back in a few short hours, when we return with the latest gossip plucked from Sunday's back pages.
22.35 BST: With Southampton set to take left-back Matt Targett back to the South Coast after a successful season on loan at Fulham, the Cottagers are set to turn their attentions to Werder Bremen's 24-year-old Ludwig Augustinsson, who's currently with Sweden at the World Cup, the Mirror reports.
21.43 BST: Boca Juniors have offered Wilmar Barrios an improved contract in a last-ditch effort to keep the Colombia international from joining Tottenham, according to the Independent, after Colombian media reported that Spurs were set to activate the 24-year-old's £14.5 million release clause.
20.51 BST: West Ham have joined Leicester and Everton in their race to add Juventus' €20 million-rated midfielder Stefano Sturaro, Calciomercato cites Gazzetta dello Sport as reporting.
19.29 BST: Michail Antonio is surplus to requirements at West Ham and Crystal Palace are leading the chase for the 29-year-old wide man, the Mirror reports.
18.37 BST: More from Milan, where Inter are working to do some business -- and prevent a sale. Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the Nerazzurri are negotiating a loan deal for Barcelona wide man Aleix Vidal, and have also rejected a €65 million bid from Manchester United for 23-year-old centre-back Milan Skriniar.
17.45 BST: With a year remaining on his contract and unlikely to sign an extension, Mousa Dembele is set to move on this summer. Calciomercato cites Sky Sport Italia as reporting that the 30-year-old, who Tottenham rate at €30 million, is attracting interest from the Chinese Super League as well as Inter, and that the Suning group -- owners of both Inter and CSL side Jiangsu Suning -- have proposed the Belgian midfielder move to Milan for two seasons before joining Jiangsu Suning.
17.25 BST: West Ham winger Michail Antonio could be on his way from East London to south with Crystal Palace in for him, according to the Mirror.
It reports that Antonio "is understood to have been told he is not in the Hammers' long-term plans," with Palace ready to table an offer.
17.10 BST: Having seemed poised to stay at Arsenal, the Mirror says Jack Wilshere could be on his way after all. It reports that Wilshere "looks set to do an amazing U-turn and leave after being told he is not a key figure in Unai Emery's plans" despite having agreed a deal.
17.00 BST: To recap from earlier on: Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has said a conclusion to the saga of midfielder Jorginho could be around the corner. Jorginho is wanted by Manchester City, and De Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport he believed the situation would be "settled soon."
16.30 BST: To France, where reports are linking promoted Wolves with a move for Paris Saint-Germain winger Goncalo Guedes.
15.45 BST: Bournemouth were interested in Brentford central defender Chris Mepham in the winter window, and have had a £10 million bid rejected by the Bees after another attempt to sign the Wales international this time around, according to the Mail.
15.00 BST: Chelsea's Scotland under-21 international Harvey St Clair has joined Italian Serie B club Venezia on a three-year contract.
14.40 BST: Stoke City have made a £10 million bid for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle, who will be allowed to leave St James' Park in the summer, the Mail reports.
14.00 BST: More on West Ham and their hopes of making a string of signings -- they are closing in on a move for Toulouse defender Issa Diop, with the deal set to cost around £22 million and thwart Everton's attempts to sign him, talkSPORT reports.
13.30 BST: French champions Paris Saint-Germain could make a move for AC Milan's LeonardoBonucci, reports in Italy suggest.
13.00 BST: Who might new Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa be looking to sign? Well, here's one for starters -- reports suggest that Tottenham defender Juan Foyth could be on his way to Elland Road on loan next season.
12.00 BST: Crystal Palace, Swansea and West Brom are all interested in Norwich City midfielder Ben Godfrey after he impressed on loan from League One Shrewsbury last season, the BBC reports.
11.30 BST -- DONE DEAL: Wolves goalkeeper Harry Burgoyne has joined League One side Plymouth on a season-long loan.
Harry Burgoyne has joined @SkyBetLeagueOne side @Only1Argyle on loan for 2018/19. Everyone at Wolves would like to wish @BurgoyneH1 the very best of luck for the upcoming season.— Wolves (@Wolves) June 16, 2018
11.00 BST: New West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has said he wants to bring in "better players" over the next two months as he looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season. Lazio winger Felipe Anderson is a key target, with Swansea duo Lukasz Fabianski and Alfie Mawson and Toulouse's Issa Diop also linked.
10.30 BST: To the Championship now, where new QPR manager Steve McClaren is ready to bid for Preston defender Paul Huntington, according to reports.
10.00 BST: We've already heard about Barcelona and Neymar -- and now, from the Sun, comes a report that Lionel Messi "has urged Barca to make Liverpool forward Mo Salah their big summer signing." It quotes sources in Spain as saying he "has told club chiefs to pursue the Premier League's Footballer of the Year."
09.30 BST: Good morning -- and let's head straight over to Turin, where Manchester United are "set for mega talks with Juventus over five transfer deals," according to the Mirror. It reports that United "are hoping to come away from a meeting with representatives of the Italian giants with agreements for Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira and Alex Sandro, while Matteo Darmian and forward Anthony Martial could be heading the other way.
Alisson on Real radar
After an impressive season for Roma, goalkeeper Alisson has become hot property of late.
Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Real Madrid have agreed personal terms with the 25-year-old and are attempting to strike a deal with the Giallorossi over his transfer fee.
Real's first offer was somewhere around €60 million range, but Roma are holding fast on their valuation of €80m, having rejected a €50m offer from Liverpool for the Brazilian.
Should things peter out, Los Blancos are also willing to revert to Plan B -- a €40 million raid for Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois.
Chelsea quash PSG interest in Kante
Chelsea fans were on edge earlier in the day when the Daily Mirror suggested PSG were readying a £90m approach for midfield terrier N'Golo Kante.
According to the report, PSG sporting director Antero Henrique had made the trip to London to open negotiations with Kante's camp.
However, Telegraph journalist Matt Law reported a source close to Kante claiming there is "virtually no chance" of the France international leaving the Blues this summer, and he is not pushing to do so.
That sound you hear is thousands of Chelsea fans breathing a simultaneous sigh of relief.
- Manchester City will resist any offers to sign Ilkay Gundogan this summer, with Barcelona and Inter said to be hovering, the Manchester Evening News reports.
- Keylor Navas has joined Bernd Leno, Rui Patricio and Salvatore Sirigu on the shortlist to replace AC Milan-bound Pepe Reina at Napoli, Calciomercato cites Gazzetta dello Sport as reporting.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.